Are you egg-cited for the holidays?
Don’t look elsewhere, this is the epic eggnog recipe you’ve been searching for!
If you love eggnog, you’re about to love it even more. And, if you hate eggnog, well just wait, things are about to change…
Forget everything you know about the drink because we’ve crafted an epic eggnog recipe that you can’t help but fall in love with!
So how do you make it?
STILL HAVEN’T BOUGHT ALL OF YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS? DON’T PANIC, CHECK OUT OUR EBS GIFT GUIDE FOR YOUR COCKTAIL LOVING PALS!
Epic Eggnog Recipe
You will need…
- 750ml whole milk
- 250ml heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- Half of a whole nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 150g sugar
- 90ml Bourbon
- 90ml Sailor Jerry Dark Rum
- Heat the milk with half of the grated nutmeg and mix in the cinnamon. Bring the milky mixture to a boil, then it take off the heat and allow it to cool
- Separate the eggs then whisk the yolks whilst you slowly add the sugar until it is completely dissolved and the mixture begins to thicken slightly
- Strain the milk and add it to the yolks as you keep whisking
- Add the Bourbon and your Sailor Jerry Rum, don’t be shy!
- Put the mixture into the fridge and let it chill for around 2 hours
- Whisk the egg whites until they turn into a light foam then add to the mixture in your favourite punchbowl
- Serve in smaller glasses and garnish with some more grated nutmeg
So how and when should you enjoy your delicious eggnog this December?
We’ve heard it goes extremely well with a log fire, and even more so when Love Actually is on. It makes for a great drink on Christmas Day, and it’s something that you could even make on New Year’s Eve to warm you up as you watch the fireworks.
Cheers to that!