the legal stuff
Hello! We have some terms and conditions you should read through before you book a course with us. If you have questions, please contact EBS Care. We are always here to help.
Booking With Us: Terms & Conditions
Your contract is with European Bartender School International Limited, World Trade Center, Unit 1.21, 6 Bayside Road, Gibraltar. Company number: 107518, trading as European Bartender School. When you make a booking with us the Terms and Conditions below apply.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “EBS” refer to European Bartender School, a Gibraltar based company. The term “you”, “student”, “user” or “customer” refers to the user visiting and/or booking a course through our website, or through our customer service agents.
It is not possible to proceed with the booking process without accepting these Terms and Conditions. It is therefore essential that you read, and/or print a copy of the Terms and Conditions at the time of booking in order to be aware of the provisions in force. Additionally, EBS can change these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice, although such changes will not apply to bookings that have already been accepted by EBS. When you book through our website you agree to be bound by the following obligations:
- You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
- You confirm to be at least 18* years of age on the starting date of the booked course and to have the legal capacity to make a booking.
- You warrant that all information you provide about yourself or anyone else is true and accurate.
- You will not use this site for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings.
*If booking a Phuket or Kos course, you confirm to be at least 17 years of age on the starting date of the booked course and you also agree to provide us with a document that states your guardian’s permission to book an EBS course.
THE PRICE YOU PAY
EBS endeavors to ensure that the most up to date and correct prices are shown on our website. However, EBS reserves the right to alter their prices at any time. Occasionally an incorrect price may be shown, due to an error. When EBS becomes aware of any such error, we will endeavor to notify you at the time of booking or as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if you do not wish to accept the price that is actually applicable to the booking.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR BOOKING
We will arrange for you to receive the course that you have booked, and that we in turn confirm. These services will be provided either directly by us or through independent suppliers contracted by us. Except for when we are used a booking agent, we are responsible for making sure that each part of the course you book with us is provided to a reasonable standard and as was advertised by us (or as changed and accepted by you).
CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS
IF WE CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
We hope that we will not have to make any changes to your booking, but because our courses are planned months in advance it is sometimes necessary to do so. For example, if there are not enough people booked onto your course or if any unforeseen circumstances arise that make one of our schools to be unfit for use, we may have to cancel your course.
We reserve the right to cancel your course under any circumstances. If we have to cancel your paid booking, you are entitled to either have a full refund (minus cancellation insurance and any payment fees) or accept a replacement course from us, which would be of an equivalent or similar standard, if we are able to offer you one. We cannot be responsible for any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of our cancellation.
IF WE ALTER YOUR BOOKING
As stated above we aim not to make any changes to your booking once it is confirmed, although arrangements are often made many months in advance with our suppliers over whom we have no direct control. As a result changes may be necessary. Most changes will be minor and although we endeavor to advise you of any of these changes before your course, we have no obligation to do so and will not pay any compensation for any costs that occur because of alteration. We will strive to inform you of a major change before your course begins; a major change is defined as a significant change of an EBS School destination (not venue), or a significant change of dates. These changes are only examples, and there may be other significant changes that would constitute a major change. If you have booked a course with accommodation, from time to time we may have to change details of the accommodation. If any change will have a major influence on your accommodation, then we will tell you about it in due course, if the change allows us the time to do so. Changes we will tell you about include;
- Significant change of your accommodation.
- Significant change of EBS School.
- Significant change of course dates.
Our accommodation providers have the right to change your accommodation to an alternative, which is at least a similar standard to that of which you have booked. In the unlikely event that an accommodation provider has to offer alternative accommodation of an inferior standard, then the difference in price will be repaid to you. If the accommodation provider is unable to provide an alternative that is suitable or acceptable to you, then EBS reserves the right to cancel your booking and we will notify you accordingly.
In the event of us notifying you of a major change before your course begins we will provide you with four options:
- Accept the alternative arrangements that we may offer.
- Accept a replacement course from us of equivalent or similar standard and price. If the course is more expensive you will have to pay the difference, but if it is cheaper we will refund the difference.
- Cancel the course and receive a total refund of all monies paid to us (minus cancellation insurance and any payment fees).
- Freeze the current booking for a period of one year from the date of the original booking, allowing you to rebook a similar priced course at a later date within the one-year period. If the preferred date is after one calendar year from the date of the original booking, the cost must be paid in full, plus any cancellation charges for the earlier booking.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
If after confirmation of booking has been issued, you wish to change your booking in any way, we will do our utmost to accommodate these changes. However, it may not always be possible. Additionally, we charge an ‘Amendment Fee’ for each detail of your booking we allow you to change, for a list of charges see our amendment fees table below. Please note that major changes made by you, including but not limited to; travelling earlier or later than planned, will be treated as a cancellation if made 0-25 days before the course starts.
GUIDE TO OUR AMENDMENT FEES
|Changes||81 days or more to course start||80 – 56 days to course start||55 – 41 days to course start||40 – 26 days to course start||25 – 11 days to course start||10 – 1 days to course start|
|Sell the course to someone else *||€25||€50||€75||€100||€150||€300|
|Changing course dates, same EBS School||€25||€50||€75||€100||€300/Cancellation||€500/Cancellation|
|Changing EBS School **||€25||€50||€75||€100||€300/Cancellation||€500/Cancellation|
|Changes to EBS Accommodation ***||€75||€100||€125||€175||€300/Cancellation||€500/Cancellation|
* You may sell your booking to another person, providing the following conditions are met:
- You authorize the change in writing.
- The new student that you are transferring the booking to accepts the transfer, and confirms their acceptance in writing.
- That person complies with the terms of the existing booking, and agrees to take over any remaining payments.
** Changing your EBS School 0-25 days before the course starts. If you wish to change your EBS School we will endeavor to assist and book you into the new school, if the preferred school is not fully booked, in which case cancellation charges will apply. If the new school has availability the above amendment fee will be payable, plus any difference should the chosen EBS School be of a higher value.
*** Changes to EBS Accommodation. If you have booked a course with accommodation and wish to change to a course with no accommodation, we will refund you the cost of the accommodation, minus the above amendment fee charges. If you have booked with no accommodation and wish to change to a course with accommodation, we will endeavor to assist you. However, accommodation may not be available at short notice. The extra cost for the accommodation will be payable, in addition to a €25 booking amendment fee.
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
You can change your booking free of charge, or cancel it with a full refund (minus cancellation insurance and any payment fees) within 14 days from the date that you made your initial booking. After this period of 14 days you have entered a legally binding agreement to pay for the cost of your course in full. Note that the 14 days threshold must be prior to the starting date of the course. In case the course starts in less than 14 days after booking, you will have until the last Friday before the course starts to notify us of any changes.
In the event of you wishing to cancel your booking we will provide you with three options*:
- You can postpone your course and elect to take a similar EBS course within a period of one year from when the booked course was originally supposed to start. The chosen course can be at any EBS Destination. An admin fee will be charged, please see the amendment fees above for more information. Any monies already paid will be held on account and deducted against the new booking price. If the course is more expensive you will have to pay the difference, but if it is cheaper we will refund the difference**.
- You can sell your course to someone else, but an admin fee will be charged. Please see the amendment fees above for more information. You are wholly responsible for selling your course. EBS cannot assist you with this.
- You can cancel your course, but you will be liable for course fees and cancellation charges as a result of your cancellation***. See the cancellation charges below.
*Changes can only be made once with the above amendment fees. If you wish to make a second change, the amendment fee will always be €300 and no refunds will be made. In the case that you wish to freeze your course and sell it, you will have to pay the applicable amendment fee for freezing your course and an extra €25 for selling it.
**If your course payment is being handled by a third party (e.g. SVEA), you need to follow their rules in regards to paying back your debt. EBS is not responsible for any non-paid invoices to third parties.
***If your course payment is being handled by a third party (e.g. SVEA), the cancellation charges will always be 100% of the booking price.
To compensate us for the fact that we may not be able to resell your booking, and to cover any expense we have paid whilst processing your booking, we must make a cancellation charge according to the scale shown below.
These charges are based on how many days before your booked course we receive your cancellation notice, and are a percentage of the total cost of your booking.
We cannot be responsible for any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of your cancellation. No compensation is payable for minor changes to your booking. Minor changes do not entitle you to cancel or change to another course without paying the applicable charges.
|Period Before Course When Notice Of Cancellation Is Received
||Percentage Of Total Amount Paid To Be Refunded.|
|150 days or more||50%|
|101 – 150 days||40%|
|51 – 100 days||30%|
|50 – 0 days||0%|
In addition to the above percentage of amount paid, a cancellation fee will be payable. The cancellation fee will be deducted from any monies due.
No refunds will be made for cancellations received within 50 days before the booked course starts or for non-appearance, or for any student who has commenced the course. In this case cancellation charges will amount to 100% of the booking price.
In the event of a refund being payable to the customer after consideration of the above fees/charges/deductions, the relevant amount will be transferred back by the party that made the original booking to the payment card/bank account used to make that booking. Any insurances/booking fees/charges/deductions applied will not be eligible for reimbursement. Please note that the reimbursement can take up to 30 days to process.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS UNDER THE CANCELLATION PROTECTION SCHEME
We offer our students peace of mind, with a cancellation protection scheme. This allows a student to change their course date or destination for free or to receive a full refund (minus cancellation insurance, educational guarantee, flexi-booking and any payment fees) if they are unable to take the course due to a reason covered below. This is applicable at any time up to but not including the starting date of the course.
YOU ARE COVERED FOR:
1) DEATH, INJURY, ILLNESS, PREGNANCY (certified in all cases by a qualified medical practitioner only), jury service or witness call.
2) DEATH, INJURY OR ILLNESS (certified in all cases by a qualified medical practitioner only) of the spouse, civil partner, parent, children, parent-in-law or fiancé.
The medical practitioner’s certificate must be stamped, written in English and should contain:
a) the doctor´s explicit advice against taking part in our course,
c) date of first treatment / examination,
d) date of a possible new treatment / examination as the basis for the doctor´s advice against taking part in the course.
WE CANNOT OFFER PROTECTION FOR:
- Any recurring, chronic or continuing illness or condition and pre-existing medical conditions or injuries known to you at the time of booking.
- Suicide or attempted suicide
- Drug addiction or alcoholism
- Failing to follow medical advice or travelling against medical advice
- Divorce, separation or personal relationship breakdown
- Failure to obtain the correct Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
The cancellation protection scheme can be added to a course up until 14 days after the original booking date, given that the booked course starts more than 30 days after the booking date.
The cancellation protection scheme can be used only once. If the student has made a change to their booking for free under this Scheme, any further changes will be treated accordingly and the student will have to pay the above amendment fees for making the change.
If a third party has compensated the insured person, benefits under this contract shall lapse. The lawful holder of the cancellation protection scheme is the name given in the booking confirmation. The cancellation protection scheme is valid only if it is taken out at the time of originally booking the course.
We will require supporting documentation, depending on the nature of the cancellation.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS NOT UNDER THE CANCELLATION PROTECTION SCHEME
If your reason for cancelling your course is not covered by the scheme, or you did not select the optional cancellation protection scheme at the time of booking, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charge shown in the table above – cancellation charges.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your booking please contact us immediately; however we will also require written confirmation within five days. If the cancellation is within the 14-day period you will receive a full refund (minus cancellation insurance and any payment fees), after this date the cancellation will be processed accordingly and you may have to pay cancellation charges.
2-day advanced course
An EBS advanced course can be booked at any time (before, during or at any time after the International Bartender Course) and can be taken at any EBS destination that offers the course. EBS does recommend a certain amount of experience for these courses, the recommendations can be found on the web page.
After successfully completing the 2-Day Mixology the student will receive a stamp on their EBS International Bartender Course diploma. If the student does not have an EBS diploma, the stamp will be put on an EBS-form.
Please note that all regular booking terms apply for this EBS course.
ADVANCED BAR/FLAIR course
An EBS advanced course can be booked at any time (before, during or any time after the International Bartender Course) and can be taken at any EBS destination that offers the course. EBS does recommend a certain amount of experience for these courses, the recommendations can be found on the web page.
After successfully completing the advanced course, the student will receive a certificate.
Please note that all regular booking terms apply for this EBS course.
The EBS Instructor Academy can only be booked if the student is approved by the Head of Education. EBS Care will take care of the application process and inform the student about their approval.
After successfully completing the Instructor Academy, the student will receive a certificate.
Please note that all regular booking terms apply for this EBS course.
To make your life easier, EBS offers you an educational guarantee. This gives you the chance to retake your EBS course at the same destination until you pass.
The educational guarantee is an optional addition to your booking and can be added no later than 14 days after the original booking date, given that the booked course starts more than 30 days after the booking date. The educational guarantee cannot be added after a course has commenced.
Please also note that:
- The course(s) that you wish to retake must be within a year of the original course, and there must be spaces available.
- To be able to utilize the educational guarantee you must have failed your course and your retakes. You will have to pay the applicable costs to the school where the retakes will take place.
- You must have shown good behavior throughout your course, as observed by an EBS Instructor. If you have been absent during any time this needs to be approved by an EBS Instructor or/and a doctor.
- Accommodation is not covered by this guarantee. If you require accommodation you will have to cover these costs yourself. If you book accommodation through EBS, the extra charge must be paid from your student account before the course starts. You will not be able to pay directly to the school.
- When retaking the course, the highest grade you can obtain on your exam is a C.
- The educational guarantee is non-refundable.
Want to keep your plans flexible? Customers can do this by making an EBS flexi booking. This allows you to change your course dates, destinations and booking name free of charge and as many times as you want, until 25 days before the course starts.
The flexi booking is an addition to your booking and can be added no later than 14 days after the original booking date, given that the booked course starts more than 30 days after the booking date. The flexi booking cannot be added after a course has commenced.
Please note that:
- The price of a Flexi Booking includes cancellation insurance, giving you complete flexibility and peace of mind.
- If you choose a destination that is more expensive than your original booking, you will have to pay the difference. If cheaper we will refund the difference.
- The options under “if you cancel your booking”, with exception of the actual amendment fees, are also applicable to the flexi booking.
- The flexi booking is non-refundable.
IMPORTANT NOTE – EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by ‘force majeure’. In these booking conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all other events outside our control.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
To the fullest extent permissible by law, our liability for any loss or damage suffered by you shall be limited to that which arises out of the negligence of our employees, subcontractors or agents.
EBS shall not be liable for any indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by you. Including, but not limited to, loss of income, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or loss of enjoyment.
Nothing in these terms and conditions purports to limit or exclude our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by the negligence of EBS, its employees, subcontractors or agents;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal for EBS to limit or exclude its liability.
Any other matter for which it would be illegal for EBS to limit or exclude its liability.
PASSPORT, VISA AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS
If your study involves cross border travel and therefore requires a passport, you must adhere to all of the necessary visa and immigration requirements. All students must be in possession of a FULL passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned return date. In addition to this, visas may be required for some EBS destinations. We will give advice wherever possible, however your specific passport, visa requirements and other immigration requirements are your responsibility, and you should confirm these with the relevant embassies and/or consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. You may be liable for course fees and cancellation charges if you are unable to travel due to an incorrect passport, or fail to adhere to the visa and immigration requirements.
It is the responsibility of all EBS Students to seek advice from appropriate sources with regards to inoculations; vaccinations or medical treatment, which may be recommended/required for the country/countries they are visiting. We cannot accept liability for students who fail to seek advice and are not adequately protected.
We cannot stress enough the importance of taking out adequate insurance against medical expenses arising overseas, personal liability claims against you, and loss or damage to luggage. The correct type of Insurance policy is: education or work abroad insurance – regular holiday travel insurance will not be adequate for this trip.
PAYMENTS BY BANK TRANSFER
It’s the student’s responsibility to pay the exact course fee in the correct currency (shown in the payment information available after booking). We cannot be responsible for any costs students may incur as a result of paying in the wrong currency or as a result of failing to pay 100% of the transfer fees.
PAYMENTS BY CREDIT CARD
The escalating fees imposed upon us by the credit card companies have forced us to seek to cover at least part of the cost in accepting payments in this way. We will therefore apply 2.2% to all payments by credit card.
CREDIT CARD FRAUD
Please make sure that you have supplied us with the correct credit card billing information if you elect to pay by credit card. If you do not supply the correct credit billing address and/or cardholder information, your course booking may be delayed and the overall cost may increase. We do reserve the right to cancel bookings if the payment is declined or if you have supplied incorrect credit card information.
In addition, we also reserve the right to do random checks in order to minimize credit card fraud. As a result of this, before confirming your booking we may require you to provide us with a fax or postal copy of proof of identity, address, as well as a copy of your credit card and a recent statement.
If you have a special request for a facility or service that is not advertised we shall pass it on to the relevant supplier. However we cannot guarantee that it will be met and we will accept no liability for the situation if it is not. We cannot accept any booking that is conditional upon special requests being met.
If you discover that you have misplaced any property during your EBS Course, please contact the EBS school representative and we will endeavor to assist you in locating the items. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to ensure that your property is kept safe at all times. We cannot accept liability for any items that are lost whilst attending an EBS Course.
From time to time we may introduce you to reputable third party suppliers of excursions or other leisure services. If you choose to enter into a contract for the provision of excursions or other leisure services, your contract will be with that supplier directly and we act only in the capacity of an agent. Therefore we would have no liability for the proper performance of that contract. We are not responsible for the provision of your excursion or activity, or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the supplier. Such excursions or activities are supplied subject to the conditions of the contract of the actual supplier of the service, and in accordance with local law.
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
If you have any problem during your course, you must inform the applicable EBS representative immediately. They will then endeavor to rectify your problem. If they are unable to resolve the problem immediately, or a member of our staff is not available to assist you, then you should contact us straight away by contacting EBS care at the following e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). This must be done within 28 days of the course end date to allow your complaint to be investigated properly. We will not accept liability for any claims received after this deadline.
All complaints are dealt with in writing; as we do not deal with complaints over the phone. It is our policy to hold written records of all communication relating to problems experienced by our students. Please write your booking reference number in your email. It is also a condition of this contract that you communicate any problems that may arise to the EBS representative at your school during the course. If you fail to follow the procedure detailed above, we cannot accept any responsibility as we have been deprived the opportunity to investigate and rectify the problem.
These terms and conditions form a contract between you and EBS, which is governed by English law. You agree that any disputes will be dealt with in the English courts.
We take the matter of the behavior of our students at our schools very seriously. You are required to be considerate and respectful to other students whilst you are at an EBS School, as the decent and appropriate behavior of our students towards one another is vital for our course environment. Additionally, everyone is expected to be tolerant to one another whilst at EBS.
Your course will be terminated by us or our suppliers concerned if you are constantly behaving unacceptably. In this situation, we will not be liable to make any refund, pay any compensation or meet any costs you may incur as a result of your behavior.
Please note that, at all times you are subject to the laws of the country you are visiting and you must respect local cultures and customs. Additionally, when attending EBS Schools your behavior is also subject to our student illegal drug and alcohol policy, which is detailed below.
The EBS disciplinary policy is designed to help EBS deal with misbehavior situations at our schools.
For minor violations, the student may receive a disciplinary warning via a simple procedure. This will usually consist of a verbal reprimand outlining the unacceptable behavior and associated concern. For major violations, the student will automatically be removed from the EBS course. If this occurs we will treat your booking as cancelled by you from that moment.
Additionally, EBS may notify the student’s parents or legal guardians.
For minor violations, the student may receive a second disciplinary warning. This will usually consist of a verbal or written reprimand, outlining the unacceptable behavior and associated concern and/or receive a disciplinary warning with a specified period of time and review of behavior. The latter would include terms appropriate to the violation, during which time the student must demonstrate compliance with the EBS alcohol and drugs policy within the terms of the probationary period.
For major violations, the student will automatically be removed from the EBS course, if this occurs we will treat your booking as cancelled by you from that moment.
If such a repeat offence occurs during the probationary period, the student will automatically be removed from the EBS course, if this occurs we will treat your booking as cancelled by you from that moment. EBS will notify parents or legal guardians when a student has been removed from the course and will inform them on the reasons for removal.
MINOR AND MAJOR VIOLATIONS
EBS classifies unacceptable behavior into two types: ‘minor’ and ‘major’ violations. Broadly speaking a “major” violation means that the alleged behavior and/or prior misconduct by the student warrants the consideration of expulsion and cancellation from the course. If the alleged violation is considered “minor”, it does not warrant the consideration of expulsion and cancellation from the course. However, this does not mean that the alleged incident is insignificant or inconsequential in any way.
In general, minor violations are those which are disruptive, socially inappropriate, or incompatible with the atmosphere of learning and socializing at our schools. Major violations are those which are illegal, threatening, or dangerous to student or staff health and welfare; or those that are clearly ill-intentioned. Minor violations, which are done with particular malice or carelessness, may become major violations.
Examples of minor violations, include, but are not limited to:
- Disregarding school or accommodation rules.
- Constantly using profanity.
- Engaging in inappropriate behavior.
- Showing disrespect to EBS staff and fellow students.
- Smoking on school premises.
- Dangerous or irresponsible consumption of alcohol.
Examples of major violations, include, but are not limited to:
- Illegal drugs/controlled substances (possession, use, selling, or distributing).
- Willful and/or consistent defiance, disrespect, and/or refusal to obey authority.
- Any criminal activity.
- Threats, intimidation, or assault of EBS staff or students.
- Being considered a habitually disruptive student.
CANCELLATION DUE TO BREACH OF OUR DISCIPLINARY POLICY
If you are found to be in breach of our disciplinary policy we will treat your booking as cancelled by you from that moment onwards. If this occurs overseas then you will become responsible for your own return home, and any other members of your group who are travelling with you. We will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any costs or expenses you may incur. We may also make a claim against you for any damages, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) incurred as a result of your behaviour. Criminal proceedings may also be instigated if necessary.
In addition to the disciplinary policy EBS also has its own policy with regard to illegal drugs and alcohol.
STUDENT ILLEGAL DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY
Students are subject to all applicable local regulations concerning illegal drugs and the responsible consumption of alcohol. Additionally the EBS has strict sanctions that apply to any student who is believed to be in breach of our drug and alcohol policy.
Under no circumstances should unlawfully obtained, non-prescription drugs be brought to, sold, transferred, or consumed at any EBS school or premises. Drug paraphernalia is also prohibited at any EBS school. Additionally students are not permitted to use, sell, transfer or possess medication prescribed to another student.
Any disorderly conduct due to intoxication of a student or being in the presence of illegal drugs that requires intervention by EBS staff or local officials will be viewed as a major violation of our disciplinary policy. If this occurs we will treat your booking as cancelled by you from that moment onwards.
EBS reserves the right to randomly test its students for drug or substance abuse.
Students engaged in any EBS related activity, whilst at an EBS School during school hours, must be in a fit condition to perform appropriately. Dangerous or irresponsible drinking, including disorderly conduct due to intoxication that requires intervention by an EBS staff member or local officials, will be viewed as a breach of our disciplinary policy and you will be made subject to our violation protocols detailed above.
All EBS schools are smoke free; additionally in some countries smoking is illegal in public enclosed areas. Your co-operation is appreciated. Failure to observe this request will be viewed as a breach of our disciplinary policy and you will be made subject to our disciplinary policy detailed above.
All students should make themselves aware of all local and state laws. EBS will not be held liable for any issues arising out of not complying with such local laws, customs and sensitivities.
Any decision made by EBS with regard to the above Disciplinary, Alcohol, Illegal Drugs Policy is final. All aspects of this policy will be applied in an unbiased and impartial manner.
EBS can provide accommodation as part of the course if required. Only those individuals named on the booking may use any accommodation that has been arranged for you. You are not allowed to share the accommodation or let anyone else stay there. You are responsible for the cost of any damage caused to your accommodation or its contents during your stay. Additionally, each EBS destination has its own pricelist of items that are charged for if they are damaged or broken. These charges must be met by you and may have to be paid locally. When EBS Students are accommodated in hostels each hostel will often have their own accommodation rules that should be adhered to.
BUS TRANSFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Bus transfers are operated by European Bartender School; however, we may outsource or use vehicles from other operators and do so at our discretion.
2. Bookings are only valid for the date and time specified. If the passenger misses their transfer, we will try to accommodate the traveller on the next available transfer, but cannot guarantee it.
3. Date of departure, pick up and drop off times are subject to change and whilst we take all reasonable steps to notify students, it is ultimately the customer’s responsibility to confirm their booking by emailing email@example.com or contacting the school via the telephone number provided in the pickup email. Delays and cancellations may occur due to unforeseen circumstances.
4. Passengers using our bus transfer service from the EBS school to the airport are responsible for ensuring that they arrive at the airport with sufficient time to board their flights.
5. Passengers are responsible for ensuring that they are waiting at the designated pickup location as per the confirmation provided.
6. In the case that the student’s flight is delayed with less than 24 hours until their bus transfer it is essential that they email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school via the telephone number provided in the pickup email.
7. In the case that the student misses their bus transfer they must email email@example.com or contact the school via the telephone number provided in the pickup email.
8. Customers who wish to complain must submit their complaint via the EBS website within 14 days of the date they booked their bus transfer. This is to ensure that we have all of the necessary resources at our disposal to investigate complaints.
9. Passengers are obliged to stay seated on the vehicle at all times with their seat belts fastened unless instructed otherwise by the driver.
10. Bus transfers take place in various vehicles of varying sizes.
11. Travellers who decide to withdraw at their own discretion at any stage during the service, will not be entitled to claim any refund whatsoever.
12. We accept no liability for direct or consequential loss of personal belongings. EBS cannot be held responsible for injury, loss or damage due to force majeure, including delays to bus transfers resulting in delayed arrival to the airport for departing flights. We advise all customers to take personal possession and health insurance.
13. We reserve the right to ask a person to withdraw from any service if we deem their conduct to be offensive or to cause annoyance to other passengers. We shall have no further liability for the carriage of such travellers.
14. We reserve the right to change the bus transfer itinerary due to weather conditions, imposed security limitations or force majeure.
15. Customers will receive a confirmation from the moment their booking is completed. Customers are responsible for checking that their order details are correct, and must inform EBS CARE of any errors immediately.
16. Customers are responsible for being at the stated pickup point at the time stated. For transfers from the school to the airport, customers should arrive at the pickup point 15 minutes before the stated time. Whilst our drivers will make reasonable attempts to identify missing passengers, no-shows will not be eligible for a refund, and due to the nature of the service, the vehicle return to pickup no-shows.
17. No refund will be provided for cancellation.
Promotional codes provided to you by EBS will have the value, exclusions and limitations as notified to you at the time you were provided with them. They may also only be valid for limited periods.
A promotional code is valid only for qualifying bookings made on the EBS website. A qualifying booking means the purchase of the specified course or products, in accordance with the conditions you were notified of at the time you received the promotional code. If a promotional code is no longer valid upon entry you will be notified.
To redeem a promotional code, you simply type the code into the promotional code field in the booking section of the website. The relevant discount will be automatically deducted from the final price of your qualifying purchase. If you fail to enter the promotional code at the time of purchase as specified above, your booking will not be eligible for a later discount. Discounts may not be claimed after you have confirmed your purchase on the website.
You may not redeem or exchange the promotional code or any other discounts for cash. You may not use or combine a promotional code with any other promotions, unless permitted by the EBS.
EBS prohibits the posting of the promotional code on the internet or any other public forum, as well as the distribution of the promotional code to any other person.
If you wish to change a booking made using a promotional code after the promotional period for that promotional code has ended, you will be required to repay the amount that we contributed towards your booking as well as any other fees or charges that may apply to the change.
In the event that a promotional code given to you is not functional, your only remedy, and the sole liability of the EBS shall be the replacement of the non-functioning promotional code.
If you book via our website we will communicate with you using the email address you have provided. Therefore it is essential to provide a suitable contact e-mail with your booking, so that you can receive your confirmation email or information of any updates and other news associated with your booking. We will assume that your email address is correct and that you understand the risks associated with using this form of communication. Please note that you may still have to contact us via EBS Care or in writing, as detailed above in our terms and conditions.
Additionally we may send you text alerts (SMS messages) regarding your booking. These can be cancelled online within your EBS account area. EBS recommends that you allow us to send you SMS updates as these messages are often important messages that require your immediate attention or action.
EBS makes every attempt to ensure that the information supplied on this website and our booking site is up to date, but cannot guarantee the accuracy of information or the availability of our courses. These booking terms & conditions should be referred to in the context of this website’s general terms & conditions.
FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Throughout the year, the EBS will often shoot promotional videos and photographs at any of our EBS Schools. Please be aware that photographic shoots and/or filming may be in progress during your course, and ensure that you are aware of the positioning of cameras at all times. We do not accept responsibility if, contrary to your wishes, you appear in any promotional videos or in photographs.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes to this Policy will be posted on our website(s) and/or made available on request.
These booking terms & conditions were last updated on May 13th, 2015.